Tuesday, February 7, 2012

How do you make cafe express greek salad dressing?

I am not a salad person but once I tasted Cafe Express's greek salad, I fell in love. I would eat this salad daily if I could figure out the recipe. I know that it has lemon juice and olive oil because I can taste it. I hope someone can help me out.How do you make cafe express greek salad dressing?
It's called Lemon Olive Oil Dressing



8 cloves garlic, minced or finely chopped (more if you LOVE garlic)

1/2 tsp of black pepper (more if desired)

2 tsp salt

1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil

1 cup Freshly squeezed lemon juice



1) Mix all ingredients into a container with secureable lid

2) Tighten lid

3) Shake vigorously until olive oil and lemon juice blend into one, after about 1 minute of shaking.How do you make cafe express greek salad dressing?
Try this,

GREEK SALAD WITH FRENCH DRESSING



FENNEL DRESSING:



1/2 c. olive oil

1/2 c. peanut oil

1/2 c. red wine vinegar

1/2c. white vinegar

1 tsp. sugar (more to taste)

1 tbsp. dry mustard

1 tsp. fennel, ground

1 tbsp. lemon juice

1/8 c. dried parsley

Salt %26amp; pepper to taste



Combine in blender. Makes 2 cups.



GREEK SALAD:



Romaine lettuce, torn

Cherry tomatoes, cut in half

White or yellow onions, sliced thin

Green peppers, sliced thin

Black olives

Feta cheese, crumbled

Salt %26amp; pepper to taste

Oregano to taste

Anchovies (optional)



I put dressing over salad and toss. Makes a great light supper. Serve with crunchy bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment