Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Windows movie maker wont let me save?

I have looked at papajohn, but it's not those problems. I have all the latest xp and movie maker stuff. The files are MPEG. Not MPEG-2. I have tried saving the files alone without being with other clips, and it lets me save them as a movie file. Sometimes I can group a couple of clips together and save them as a movie file. The movie that I want to save is about 10 minutes long and has allot of clips. It is too detailed to save clip by clip, because it will then miss things that need to go in between. I also have mp3's in it too. When it doesn't let me save, it says "it cannot save to the specified location. Verify that the original sources are still available, saving location is still available, and there is enough free disk space." None of that is the problem. I have saved movies before, but it was before I reformatted my computer. Is my movie maker missing something? I need this done for school! Please help! If you can, just tell me what to do, and try not to give me a link to a website with allot of reading because I don't have time. If I HAVE to do that though, I will. Oh yeah, I have 1 GB of ram, so that shouldn't be the problem, since I have done it before. An error sometimes comes up and says "Not enough storage is available to process this command". when that comes up, i cannot do any editing to my movie. what does that mean?Windows movie maker wont let me save?
I had a similar problem with Pinnacle Studio Plus. It kept saying the original files were missing and that I lacked sufficient storage space.



It turned out that my 500GB external drive designation letter had changed from J: to K: when I had several USB drives plugged in all at once.



When I unplugged the USB drives, the external drive kept the letter K: designation. When I started the project, my source files were on the external HD (letter J:) and the computer couldn't find the source files until I pointed the program at them again.



When saving the project, I got an out of disk space error because it was trying to save to drive J: still (which happened to be a USB drive at the time)... I finally was able to get the program to work off the newly re-designated 500GB external HD (drive K:) again and all is well.



Your problem sounds similar... check your drive letters and make sure everything is pointed to the right places.



Have you added or removed a device lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment